The Boroondara M.A.S.K. (Make and Spread Kindness) Collective is a volunteer run project which coordinates the making and distribution of DHHS compliant masks to the most vulnerable members of our local community.
We would love to hear from you if you can:
- donate unused reusable or disposable masks
- donate or loan your sewing machine to the SHNC
- donate your time by sewing or making masks
- if you can’t sew, by cutting out pieces of masks to put into sewing kits
- helping to wash, dry and pack masks into individual plastic sleeves before distribution
- help with mask and materials distribution
- make a cash donation which will be spent on hard to source material such as elastics, water resistant material and packaging for distribution.
If you are sewing for us, you can find the pattern here and the instructions here. Our preference is for 3 layers of fabric, not fused, with an outer layer of polypropylene but will will accept other DHHS compliant masks (see link above).
Help us to spread the word by sharing our poster.
If you can help with any of these items, please contact us either by email to email@example.com (preferred) or by calling us on 9890 2467.
If you need a mask, you can:
Call us on 9890 2467, or
Send an email boroondaramaskcollective@
and we will organise how to get one to you.