Other forms that may be required for a booking:
Selling and/or Serving Alcohol: If alcohol is to be served (but NOT sold) at your event, you must complete and return a Request to Serve Alcohol Form with your Hire Agreement. If alcohol is to be sold at your function, Liquor Licensing Victoria must be contacted, and a Liquor Licence obtained. Online application can be made at https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/liquor/restaurant-cafe/apply-new-licence/apply-liquor-licence
Partysafe: Please note that we do not take bookings for parties of ages 15 to 18 years inclusive. If the event is for a party for ages 13 – 14 years and 19 – 22 years, you must register your party with the Victorian Police through completing a Police Partysafe Form. The Partysafe form can be downloaded from www.police.vic.gov.au, then search for Partysafe. Post the Partysafe form to: Boroondara Crime desk, Boroondara Police Station, 34 Harp Road, Kew, 3101.
STEPS TO HIRING A ROOM:
- Download and Read the Room Hire Information Booklet
- Optional – Contact SHNC to make an appointment to inspect the rooms and facilities available
- Complete and return the Room Hire Enquiry Form via email to email@example.com
- SHNC staff will make contact with you via email or phone within 5-7 business days to explore availability
- If a suitable room is available at an agreed time, to secure the booking the following will be required:
- Completed Hire Agreement
- If required, completed Bond form
- Completed COVID Code of Conduct form
- If alcohol is to be served, the completed Request to Serve Alcohol form. If alcohol is to be SOLD, a copy of the approved Licence from Liquor Licence Victoria
- For businesses/incorporated associations, a Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance covering the period of the hire, in the same name as that of the hirer
- If applicable, contractors Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance covering the period of the hire.
- If applicable, a current Working with Children Check for hirer and/or contractor.
- Payment in full
- SHNC staff will confirm your booking
- Approximately one week prior to the commencement of your room hire period, contact the Centre, during office hours/school terms, to gain security and access instructions. Important note: if your booking is during school holidays, be sure to contact the Centre during term time to organise access for your event.